By Massimiliano Izzo
This doctoral thesis studies on an cutting edge info repository supplying adaptive metadata administration to maximize info sharing and comprehension in multidisciplinary and geographically allotted collaborations. It ways metadata as a fluid, loosely dependent and dynamical approach instead of a set product, and describes the advance of a singular info administration platform in line with a schemaless JSON facts version, which represents the 1st totally JSON-based metadata repository designed for the biomedical sciences. effects bought in a variety of program eventualities (e.g. built-in biobanking, practical genomics and computational neuroscience) and corresponding functionality checks are mentioned on intimately. final yet now not least, the publication bargains a scientific assessment of information systems widely used within the biomedical sciences, including a clean standpoint at the position of and instruments for info sharing and heterogeneous facts integration in modern biomedical research.
Read Online or Download Biomedical Research and Integrated Biobanking: An Innovative Paradigm for Heterogeneous Data Management PDF
Similar research books
Examine method isn't an inherently attention-grabbing subject. This publication counteracts the traditional tendency to turn away from study with an comprehensible, palatable, precious, and fascinating, and specially, readable try to clarify learn equipment. figuring out right learn method comes from an figuring out of simple statistical ideas, examine layout, size, descriptive reviews, and clinical writing.
This quantity provides fresh details at the position of neurotransmitters in epileptogenesis. equipped into 5 sections, the 1st part addresses some of the experimental versions of epilepsy used for learning neurotransmitter mechanisms. the second one part is worried with the inhibitory neurotransmitter gamma-aminobutyric acid, and the 3rd with reviews that experience ended in new insights into the function of excitatory amino acids in mediating epileptic phenomena.
The way forward for academic learn: views from starting Researchers offers a photograph of study throughout a variety of fields in schooling carried out by means of starting researchers. The 5 major sections of the ebook disguise examine into coverage and curriculum, lecturers' reviews, academic applied sciences, the instructing and studying of arithmetic, and literacy improvement.
- Practice-Driven Research on Enterprise Transformation: Second Working Conference, PRET 2010, Delft, The Netherlands, November 11, 2010. Proceedings
- Stem Cells: Scientific Progress And Future Research Directions
- Advanced Psychosomatic Research in Obstetrics and Gynecology
- Research and Technology Management in the Electricity Industry: Methods, Tools and Case Studies
- Operations Research and Big Data: IO2015-XVII Congress of Portuguese Association of Operational Research (APDIO)
Additional resources for Biomedical Research and Integrated Biobanking: An Innovative Paradigm for Heterogeneous Data Management
7. The data provenance module monitors the origins of data and the processing steps. It allows repetition of processing workflows to test the results’ replication. 3 Metadata Standardisation 19 8. A terminology component adds semantic content to the elements’ content, linking them to terms within a terminology. Given the main focus on neuroscience experiments, there is support for Brain Atlases and ontologies deputed to largescale experimental annotation. 4 The Shortcomings of Standards in Research Collaborations In any real-life scenario—and biomedical research is no exception—standards take time to develop.
Many binding tools have been developed for Java, which is the language adopted by many of the biomedical repositories: the most popular are JAXB, JiBX, and XMLBeans; C++ offers CodeSynthesis XSD. With XML, data must be put within some document structure and this can be complicated with elements that can be nested, attributes that cannot be nested and complex types with their own peculiarities. When trying to develop a data model compliant with modern object-oriented languages, a software engineer should evaluate other solutions besides XML.
3(3), research0046 (2002) 17. : The MIQE guidelines: minimum information for publication of quantitative real-time PCR experiments. Clin. Chem. 55(4), 611–622 (2009) 18. : Guidelines for reporting an fMRI study. Neuroimage 40(2), 409–414 (2008) 19.